The folks at TwentyFive Squares have updated the Press app, bringing the most requested features to the popular Google Reader application. Ignoring the important "performance enhancements and bug fixes" that accompany every application update, the new feature list looks impressive.
- Quick article navigation to go to next/previous articles -- Use the volume keys to move backwards and forwards inside your article list. Enable this in settings.
- Background/automatic syncing -- enable frequency of background syncing in the app settings.
- Sync on app launch -- Your Reader feeds will sync when the Press app is opened.
- Background syncing notifications -- Get notifications when background syncing finds new content.
- New text-alignment options -- Left, Right, and Center justification supported.
- Show image title and URL in the image viewer -- No more guessing at image URLs.
- Date and time formats now match device settings
- Article title is now included when sharing to social networks
We're fans of the Press app here, and it looks like this is an awesome update. Check Google Play for your update notification, or if you're looking to try Press for the first time ($1.99; Android 4 or higher) you can click the Google Play link above.
- Filed under: