The 7th Guest, the classic supernatural adventure game, is making its Android debut in a "remastered" edition with lots of new features and improved graphics.
The game was first released by developer Trilobyte back in 1993 for the PC exclusively on CD-ROMs, and was a massive hit at the time. In fact, it helped to boost the use of CD-ROM drives (remember those?) overall in PCs. The player takes on the role of a person who is wandering through a mansion, solving puzzles while also dealing with the haunted location and its ghostly residents. Developer MojoTouch has gone back and revamped The 7th Guest especially for Android devices:
- Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up for touch-screens.
- Hotspot based - no more pixel hunting!
- All-new slick icons and animations.
- Completely new map, which can be access directly while playing
- Completely new game menus and save/load system
- Four Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score remastered or the original score in Midi recording, General Midi or Adlib
- Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles
- A stunning new HD graphic mode that up-scales the game beautifully to high-resolutions.
- 27 Achievements to earn and share with your friends.
- 'The Making of' featurette
- 19 Delete Scenes and 33 Delete Audio Parts
- Comprehensive Soundtrack: 36 Tracks to add to your music collection!
- 'The 7th Guest' Novel (157 pages)
- The Original Script (104 pages), 'The Stauf Files' booklet (20 pages), Original Game Manual (41 pages)
- Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls (mouse pointer)
Normally The 7th Guest costs $5.99 on the Google Play Store but for its launch weekend you can get the game for just $3.99.