During the NVIDIA presentation this evening at CES, Manuel Wille, developer of the popular iOS application Snapseed showed it off running on the ASUS Transformer Prime. Powerful chips like the Tegra 3 means real-time photo editing works great on Android, and we're excited to see more of it showing up. The application will be available in the Android Market soon (early 2012) for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and have a Tegra 2 or Tegra 3 chip only, and cost $4.99. A demo video, the full press release and some screenshots are after the break.
Nik Software Announces Acclaimed Snapseed Mobile App
for Tegra-powered Android Tablets
Revolutionary photo app changes the way people enhance and share photos
Las Vegas, NV (Photo Marketing Association, Consumer Electronics Show)—January 10, 2012— Leading photography software developer Nik Software (www.niksoftware.com) today announced Snapseed® for Android tablets. Snapseed elegantly combines Nik Software’s professional photography tools with its award-winning interface and technology. The new version of the acclaimed photo enhancement and sharing app will be initially compatible with NVIDIA® Tegra®-powered tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.x). To learn more and watch videos, visit www.snapseed.com.
“We’re very pleased to bring Snapseed to the Android tablet market,” said Michael J. Slater,
President and CEO of Nik Software. “Offering Snapseed for Android tablets is a great opportunity for more users to experience the fun and creativity of photo editing and sharing. We worked with NVIDIA to make Snapseed fast and responsive for Android users everywhere.”
Neil Trevett, Vice President of Mobile Content at NVIDIA added, “Snapseed delivers a photo
experience that’s enormously capable, incredibly responsive, and initially available only on
Tegra-based tablets. Our teams have worked closely to ensure that the app fully harnesses
Tegra’s power and efficiency to provide a magical experience.”
Nik worked with NVIDIA to bring Snapseed to Android, opening the magic of photo enhancement and sharing to millions of Android users. Anyone can create amazing photos with Snapseed by using its innovative filters and tools like Grunge, Vintage and
Drama to make any photo look extraordinary. Nik’s revolutionary U Point technology enables precise selective enhancements to change lighting, color and more by simply touching and swiping the screen. Side-to-side gestures enhance the brightness, contrast or saturation of only the object selected, blending the effect naturally throughout the image.
Snapseed offers powerful tools that inspires and enables anyone to create amazing photos. High quality results are now fast, fun, and easy. Using Snapseed, anyone can capture, enhance, edit, email and share their photos via social networks in just a few seconds.
- Tune Image—Quickly correct photos taken in difficult lighting situations, create depth
- and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more
- Auto Correct—Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure, or you
- can use gestures to add or reduce the enhancements
- Selective Adjust—Make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik
- Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
- Tilt-Shift—Creates a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common
- in a Miniature Scene look
- Details—Enhances details with traditional sharpening as well as Nik Software’s unique
- Structure control found in the professional Nik Software product line
- Crop & Straighten—Rotate or straighten with simple touch controls and select from a
- variety of standard aspect ratios while cropping
- Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
- Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of
- textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
- Vintage—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes
- make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
- Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
- Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select
- styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
- Sharing—Email photos or share on Facebook and Flickr
Compatibility, Pricing and Availability
Snapseed for Android Tablets will be available on NVIDIA Tegra 2 or 3-based tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.X). Snapseed will be available in early 2012 in English at the Android App Store for $4.99 or the equivalent in other currencies.
Google's parent company settles shareholder lawsuit over sexual misconduct
Following sexual misconduct reports from 2018, Google has settled a shareholder lawsuit and announced major changes to how the company operates in these regards — including no severance packages for employees fired over sexual misconduct.
Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G won’t launch until weeks after September 30 event
Google’s announcing its new Pixel phones, the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, on September 30. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a while longer before they actually launch.
These are the best Android phones you can buy right now
There are so many great Android phones to buy, so it can be tough to know which one to buy. These are the best of the best at each price point.
The best portable instant photo printers for Android devices
You're on the move and making memories on your mobile. While digital is great, why not try and make those memories a little more permanent with a tangible photo?