If you love food as much as I do you'll know that finding great restaurants is often times a tough task. For that we have plenty of Android apps out there to help filter out the good from the bad. One of the most respected names in that area is Zagat and just in time for Valentines day they have made some changes to their Zagat to go app for Android. Aside from the complete UI overhaul, Zagat has added quite a few new features as well:
- Restaurant reviews and our signature 30 point ratings for Food, Decor, Service and actual down-to-the-dollar estimates for dinner costs
- GPS - Find nearby restaurants automatically
- Advanced Search - Mix and Match by any criteria including ratings, cuisines and attributes like Child-Friendly, Business Dining, Romantic and dozens more!
- Top Rated Lists - Zagat has picked the “Best of” in your city like Best Burgers, Best Italian, Most Romantic and more
- Meal Suggestions – Get tips from the Foursquare community on what to order when you get there!
- Write Reviews – Publish reviews to Zagat.com from your phone instantly, wherever you are. No drafting, no waiting!
- Visual Menu – Browse thousands of photos of dishes from Foodspotting
- Restaurant Widget – Feeling lucky? Get nearby restaurant recommendations automatically. Long press on your home screen and select Zagat to get started.
If you're looking to tap into your inner food connoisseur, Zagat will cost you $9.99 for a year subscription. The update release is available now in the Android Market. Download and press release can be found after the break.
ZAGAT FOR ANDROID™ FEATURES FOODSPOTTING PHOTOS, FOURSQUARE TIPS AND IN-APP REVIEW CAPABILITIES
New York, NY. February 7, 2011 – Zagat Survey, the world's leading provider of consumer survey–based leisure information, and Handmark®, a leading developer and distributor of mobile applications and services, announced the release of the newly updated ZAGAT for Android™ today. The application boasts a complete visual overhaul with new features that make it even easier to find the right restaurant and share dining experiences.
With access to Zagat’s premium ratings and reviews for thousands of restaurants worldwide, ZAGAT for Android is designed to help people make smart decisions about where to eat. Users can find restaurants with Advanced Search or find “Nearby” places with one touch. The app now integrates thousands of Foodspotting dish photos and Foursquare meal tips based on other like-minded diners’ menu choices.
“Zagat is based on the shared opinions of large groups of avid people,” said Nina S. Zagat, Co-Chair, Zagat Survey. “By adding Foodspotting photos and Foursquare tips, we’re further enhancing this already very social experience.”
After the meal, diners can instantly review the restaurant right on their mobile device − before they even get up from the table.
ZAGAT for Android is available for $9.99 in the Android Market. For more information about this or any of Zagat's mobile products, please visit www.zagat.com/mobile
ABOUT ZAGAT SURVEY, LLC
Known as the "burgundy bible," Zagat Survey is the world's most trusted source for consumer-generated survey information. With a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat rates and reviews restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, shopping and a range of other entertainment categories and is lauded as the "most up-to-date," "comprehensive" and "reliable" guide ever published. Zagat content is available to consumers wherever and whenever they need it: on ZAGAT.com, ZAGAT.mobi, ZAGAT TO GO for smartphones and in book form.
Handmark is a world-leading developer and distributor of mobile applications. With more than 10 years of experience, the company has a rich history in creating many of the industry’s top downloaded apps including TweetCaster and Pocket Express. Handmark also specializes in full service mobile solutions for hundreds of the world’s largest media brands like Zagat, Oxford University Press, Thomson Reuters, London Evening Standard and others. Follow Handmark on Twitter and Facebook or for more information visit www.handmark.com