Sprint already announced that they will be rolling out another maintenance release update for the Epic 4G, starting today. It wasn't too long ago that we saw an update, so it's good to see Sprint staying on the ball with this one. As promised, Sprint has released the change log (after the break) and it looks good. Most major concerns are being addressed, and hopefully everyone can get back to enjoying their Epic 4G's instead of fighting the bugs. Any of you guys got your OTA yet? Sing out in the Epic 4G forums! [Sprint via Android Central forums]
9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release
WiFi standby battery drain
Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
Large emails lag in upload speeds
Increased 3G upload speeds
Update your software
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: S:D700.0.5S.DI18
- This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device. It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18. If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device to DI07. The update from DI07 to DI18 is not yet available to the Service and Repair Centers. As soon as it is, this post will be updated.
- Related devices: