We're expecting ASUS to unveil the Padfone 2 on October 16, but why wait for details? This is the back of what looks to be the back of the box for the next smartphone from ASUS, and breaks down all of the important specs.
- Model A68
- LTE, DC-HSPA+: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS/GSM E 850/900/1800/1900, Class 10
- Qualcomm 8064 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM
- 137.9 x 68.9 x 9 mm, 135 g
- 2140 mAh battery
- 4.7-inch Super IPS+ 1280 x 720 display
- 13 megapixel camera with zero shutter lag LED flash, auto-focus, and HD video recording
- 1.2 megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- MicroUSB 2.0 with MHL support
Keep in mind that this is coming from some random dude on a Chinese forum, but it looks convincing enough to me. We had already heard from some leaked benchmarks that the next Padfone would have a quad-core processor, and this certainly corroborates that. What I'm mostly interested in is the dock and tablet companion devices; how much will they cost, and will they do anything more than the originals? What would the ASUS Padfone 2 have to offer in order to pull you away from more established smartphone makers?
Source: Mobile 01
- Filed under: