Sprint has announced its new Relay ID Pack, which is a new set of widgets and applications that will better enable the device for use for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Included in the Relay ID Pack are:
- Sprint Mobile Video Relay Services – video relay services for sign language users
- Calendar Notifier – provides visual alerts and repeating reminders of calendar events
- Handcent SMS – visual alerts and notifications of texts
- VideoPlayer – captions on videos downloaded to a secure digital (SD) card
- Gmail Notifier – visual and vibrating alerts and reminders for your gmail email
- TuneWiki – to read and learn the lyrics to songs
- Captionfish.com – captioned movies playing in a customer’s area
- AIM Instant Messenger – access telephone relay services through AIM Buddy "SprintIP"
- Google Voice – transcribe audio messages left on voice mail into text
This news is quite huge for anyone who experiences difficulty with hearing, yet want to be able to use an Android powered device to the same extent anyone else would. This pack is currently available on devices such as LG Optimus S, Sanyo Zio, Samsung Transform, Samsung Epic 4G and Samsung Galaxy Tab. For more information be sure to hit the source link.