Popular podcasts app Pocket Casts has picked up an update to version 5.3 that introduces several new features, including the ability to filter podcasts by date. Also new is Marshmallow support, which lets you save the app's settings across devices with auto backup.
Here's the laundry list of changes included in version 5.3:
- You can now filter episodes by time. In the filter settings page there is a new option called "Released in the last" which you can set to 24 hours, 3 days, 1 week etc. We have changed the episode filters new users will have and this update will also add them to your list of filters.
- Marshmallow Auto Backup feature added so if you have app backups turned on (System Settings app -> Backup & reset) it will backup your Pocket Casts settings and database so after restoring a phone your app should look a lot more like it did.
- Switched to Marshmallow permissions. We now only have one permission that requires user approval, the storage permission. The app will only ask for permission for this if you change your storage location to a custom folder.
- Stats page data is now included in your sync account so if you reinstall they aren't lost. The stats page is now a summary of stats across all your devices.
- Improved switching to a custom location so it picks up any existing episode files in the new location.
- Improved the search for podcast interface.
- Improved voice control. Give these a try after you have said "OK Google"
- "Listen to PODCAST NAME in Pocket Casts"
- Emojis are now supporting in the show notes and episode titles.
If you're not already familiar with Pocket Casts, now would be a good time to check the app out. It costs $3.99, which is a bargain given its extensive feature-set.
Source: Shifty Jelly