We've already reported on Dell's upcoming Android smartphone launch in China and expressed our disappointment in it not being available to the US market on launch. At that point, we didn't know what the dellphone was going to look like nor did we know any specifics on it. That's changed now, Dell's Android Ophone mini 3i has finally got a face, and its face looks pretty good.
The purported specs are as follows:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE class 12
- 103g grams weight
- 58 x 122 x 11.7mm
- 3.5″ nHD 640×360 LCD, 18-bit, 262K colors
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Google, AIM, Yahoo and MSN IM support
- 3 megapixel auto-focus, flash, 8x digital zoom camera with 30fps video shooting mode, built in photo editor
- USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, A-GPS
- On-screen QWERTY keyboard, hardwriting recognition, multi touch UI
- MicroSD slot
The Dell mini 3i is supposedly 'launch ready' which corroborates with our previous report. If you live in China, you should expect this device sooner rather than later. Yeah, so why couldn't this have launched in America with US 3G?
Anyone interested in Dell's Android phone?