So the maintenance release for the Evo 4G -- you know, the one that tackles the 30fps thing, among other fixes -- is finally starting to hit phones. But if your Evo's wearing a sad face, you can update it manually. Don't worry, it's the same update you'd get if you did it over the air. Here's what you need to do:
- Download the update from this link.
- Rename it to update.zip (but be sure not to rename it update.zip.zip). Save it to your Evo's microSD card.
- Time to reboot into recovery mode. Turn the phone off. Then hold the volume down button, and press the power button. You should boot to a white screen with three Android guys on skateboards.
- Use the volume button to select RECOVERY, and press the power button again. The Evo will now reboot into recovery. You should see a render of a phone, with a red triangle and exclamation point.
- Hold the volume up button and press the power button. Choose applysdcard:update.zip. Let it do its thing.
Reboot, and that's it. You've manually updated your Evo 4G. No muss, no fuss, and no waiting. Now head on into our Evo 4G forums and share what you find.
Update: You want graphics benchmarks? After the break, folks.
YouTube link for mobile viewing