The folks at OpenFeint have sent out a press release that toots their own horn a bit, with very good reason. The social gaming network is the largest of the bunch with 107 million users, and in just two months they have released 230 games -- 24 of which are in the top 100 list in the Android Market. That's no small feat, especially when others are lagging behind and hiding behind cries of fragmentation instead of releasing new titles. You can check out the list of the 24 best in the press release after the break.
In addition, the first portions of their next generation social gaming network with new player profiles, status updates, and player walls has started rolling out, and are now live on all 700 games for Android. Sorry Apple fans, you'll have to wait until fall to see these features. With Android massive global growth, it only makes sense to see developers and publishers focusing on the platform, and I predict this is a trend that will continue. If you're a developer and are interested in using OpenFeint in your game, head to OpenFeint.com/Developers for more info, and be sure to drop us a line so we can check it out. Read the full presser after the break.
- · Fruit Ninja, Halfbrick Studios
- · Fruit Ninja THD, Halfbrick Studios
- · StarDunk, Godzilab Inc.
- · Gun Bros, Glu Mobile
- · Contract Killer, Glu Mobile
- · Big Time Gangsta, Glu Mobile
- · Bug Village, Glu Mobile
- · The Moron Test, DistinctDev, Inc.
- · Guerrilla Bob, Angry Mob Games
- · Speedx 3D Full & Free, HyperBees Ltd.
- · Speedx 3D, HyperBees Ltd.
- · Brain Cube – Premium, XiMAD
- · Can Knockdown 2, Infinite Dreams
- · Gem Miner: Dig Deeper, Psym Mobile
- · Jet Car Stunts, True Axis
- · Jewellust, Smartpix Games
- · MiniSquadron!, Gray Fin Studios
- · Roboto, Fenix Fire Entertainment
- · Stupid Zombies, GameResort
- · Tank Hero, Clapfoot Inc.
- · Tic Tac Toe Glow – Free, mobivention
- · Trial Xtreme, Galapagos
- · Wisp, Triolith Entertainment, AB
- · X Construction, CrossConstruct
OpenFeint is the largest mobile social gaming network with over 107 million registered users and 6,500 games. OpenFeint, Inc. is part of GREE, Inc., the leading mobile social gaming platform in Japan. Game developers interested in more information about OpenFeint and its leading mobile social gaming technology should visit OpenFeint.com/Developers.
Luna is both a safe bet and Amazon's best idea in years
Is "rolling your own" Netflix-style game library what we really want? Amazon thinks so.
Google's parent company settles shareholder lawsuit over sexual misconduct
Following sexual misconduct reports from 2018, Google has settled a shareholder lawsuit and announced major changes to how the company operates in these regards — including no severance packages for employees fired over sexual misconduct.
Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G won’t launch until weeks after September 30 event
Google’s announcing its new Pixel phones, the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, on September 30. Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait a while longer before they actually launch.
The Xperia 1 II is our favorite phone for shooting video
If video recording is your thing, then look no further than the Sony Xperia 1 II — it offers a large screen, three great cameras, and extremely robust manual video controls.