Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Pocket Casts | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
There's a new Android L developer preview build, but you probably don't need it. (Not that that will stop you.) Plus, we debunk all the Facebook permissions FUD, find out what's up with the Google Play Music deauthorization limits, and we answer more of your questions live on air. Join us!
Thing 1: Facebook Messenger app FUD
Thing 2: Device limits hit Google Play music again
- Google Play Music now limits you to 4 mobile device deauthorizations per year
- Originally put in place a couple of years ago
Thing 3: New Android L dev release
- Google posts updated Android L factory images for Nexus 5, 7 with support for Google Fit
- Google Fit SDK preview is now available for developers!
Thing 4: Other stuff
- LG G3, two months on ...
- Yahoo teams up with Google on encrypted email service
- HTC Gallery update lets you share M8 Duo Camera effects
- Latest Moto 360 images show off the secret charger for the first time
- The Verizon Motorola XT1096 may be the Moto X successor
- Samsung Unpacked confirmed for September 3 in Berlin, Galaxy Note 4 inbound [updated]
- A smartwatch as a boarding pass is anything but first class
Thanks to this week's sponsors!
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
- Leave a voicemail: Record your question with your phone or computer, and e-mail it to us. (Be sure to leave your name and where you're from!)
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: