In a recent update to its Android app, CNBC has enabled TV Anywhere, allowing users to catch up on the latest financial news from their mobile devices.
Using the service requires users to log in with an active TV subscription, and unfortunately it's U.S. only. However, once logged in, you'll have access to live streaming of CNBC as well as a back catalog of on-demand content from shows such as Mad Money and The Profit.
If you've never used the CNBC app for Android before, it also lets you track stocks in real-time from a number of global markets, access interactive historical charts for stocks, and even brings breaking news coverage with push notifications.
If you fancy yourself a financial guru, you can hit up that Google Play badge above to snag the CNBC app and start streaming live content to your Android device.
NEW CNBC TV EVERYWHERE APP FOR ANDROID™ PHONES NOW AVAILABLE
CNBC, first in business worldwide, today announced that it has added TV Everywhere capabilities to its Android app. Available for free at Google Play™, this new version of the CNBC Android app delivers easier access to both authenticated live and on-demand network programming integrated alongside real-time market data and its award-winning business news coverage.
"Over the past year alone, we have seen video consumption on our Android app grow by over 20%," said Kevin Krim, General Manager and Senior Vice President, CNBC Digital. "Video clearly matters to our users and we are very excited to give them live access to both the business news and information they need as well as our popular primetime programs they enjoy."
"We are excited to offer CNBC's media-savvy fans yet another way to 'Watch TV without the TV' with this latest Android app launch," said Alison Moore, General Manager and Executive Vice President, TV Everywhere, NBCUniversal. "NBCUniversal is laser focused on expanding our suite of mobile apps and heightening consumer engagement while advancing the industry-wide adoption of TV Everywhere."
Key CNBC Android app features include:
Enhanced Video Offering:
- Easy access to authenticated, live CNBC TV
- Everywhere (TVE) programming.
- A robust offering of the day's Top, Latest and Most Popular Business Day video news clips as well as editorially curated video lists of the day's major stories from CNBC.
- Access to free, full length episodes of Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer and CNBC's popular primetime programs including The Profit and Restaurant Startup.
- An updated design that allows users the ability to switch seamlessly between Full Episodes and Clips & News.
Live, Real-Time Stock Quotes and Charts
- Real-Time streaming stock quotes accompanied with company specific news, related video and key metrics.
- Real-Time & Historical Interactive Charts that offer custom timeframes from one-day to five-years, including pre- & post-market trading.
Personalized Stock Watchlists
- "My Stocks" function that allows users to create and track their favorite company stocks live, in real-time, with access to integrated charts and related news headlines.
CNBC's Exclusive Breaking News Alerts & Stories
- CNBC's global editorial team sends breaking news alerts direct to the CNBC App to keep users completely informed on what is moving the markets.
The new CNBC Android app is available on most Android phones with operating systems 4.0.3 and above, including compatibility with 5.0, Lollipop. This update also supports numerous new Android phones including the LG G3 and Nexus 6. TV Everywhere capabilities are available in the U.S. only.