How'd you like to win one of two HTC Sensation XL smartphones by proving your superior Android knowledge in the leading quiz game for Android? We're giving you the opportunity to do just that, as part of a new contest in partnership with game developer HyperBees and HTC.
Behold the Android Super Challenge on HyperQuiz! To enter, simply download HyperQuiz and select the "Contest" game mode. From there, it's up to you to work for the highest score between now and 11pm GMT (6pm EST) this Sunday, Feb. 5, by answering questions about Android!
First and second place winners will each receive a Sensation XL, and first through fiftieth placed winners will be rewarded with in-game currency (creds). We've got the Android Market link after the jump, along with the full terms and conditions for the contest.
Be sure to check back next Tuesday, Feb. 7, to see if you've won!
1. The contest starts on Friday, Feb. 3, 2012, at 5:00 PM UTC / 12:00 noon EST and ends this Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012 at 11 pm UTC / 6:00 PM EST.
2. The first prize is an HTC Sensation XL smartphone, the second prize is an HTC Sensation XL smartphone. Places from first to fiftieth will be rewarded with HyperQuiz in-game currency, called Creds.
3. Two points will be awarded to every player for each correct answer and 1 additional point to whoever answered correctly and was the fastest. In each game, after the points for answers are tallied, the player with the highest score will get 15 bonus points, the player with the second highest score will get 10 bonus points, and the player with the third highest score will get 5 bonus points.
4. The player with the highest score in the overall Contest wins. There is no limit to the number of games played by a single player. If there is more than one winner with the same score, a play-off match will be organised.
5. Internet access is required, using wifi is recommended. Please note that the organisers are not responsible for any internet connection problems.
6. The results can be checked live online in the game. The final official results will be announced on Tuesday 7 Feb 2011 on AndroidCentral.com, facebook.com/hyperquiz and on HyperQuiz's Google Plus page.
7. The winners are required to register with HyperQuiz with a valid email address to be able to collect their prizes.
Have fun and good luck!
Amazon is latest company to pull out of GDC 2020
Fears surrounding the coronavirus are hitting the gaming industry hard, and one of the biggest places right now is at GDC. Here are the companies that have pulled out (so far).
Cortana gets the ax in Microsoft Launcher for Android
Microsoft is preparing to give Cortana in Microsoft Launcher for Android the ax. The company says Cortana services in Microsoft Launcher will be discontinued "by the end of April."
Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus review: Fourth time's a charm
Samsung's Galaxy Buds Plus take everything that was good about the originals and amplifies them. But it also gets rid of nearly every issue last year's model had.
The U12+ is the best HTC phone you can buy
There are a lot of smartphones out there, and Taiwanese manufacturer HTC makes some of the best, even if it doesn't sell anywhere near as many phones as the market leaders. This is our roundup of the best that HTC has to offer.