The OnePlus 6 is OnePlus's big flagship for 2018, and like we heard at Google I/O, is one of a handful of phones you can use to download the Android P beta right now.
Android P is currently in a Developer Preview 3 stage, meaning there are still a few bugs here and there that could make your experience a bit rough. However, if you're okay with that and want to start playing with the new software, here's what you need to do.
One more thing! Before you begin this process, make sure you understand the risk involved. Flashing software can potentially brick your phone if you're not careful, so be certain you've got enough time to complete the process and read all the instructions are careful as possible.
- From your OnePlus 6, go to OnePlus's website and head to the Android P beta page.
- Tap on the Download Now button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap System updates.
- Tap the top right corner icon.
- Tap on local upgrade.
- Tap the installation package.
- Tap immediately upgrade.
Once these steps have been completed, you'll want to dive into Recovery Mode
- To turn your OnePlus 6 off, hold the power button and tap the shut down option.
- Hold the power button and volume down buttons at the same time to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select the Wipe data/factory reset option.
- Click power and select yes to confirm your selection.
- Select Reboot system now.
Your OnePlus 6 will then download the Android P file, and after a few minutes, should be up and running with the new software!
There are a ton of new features and goodies to check out with Android P, but it's important to note there are a few things that aren't working. Right now, known issues include:
- VoLTE doesn't work
- Bluetooth connectivity has "compatibility issues"
- The Wi-Fi SoftAP device manager isn't functional
- Slow motion mode in the camera is unstable
- Face Unlock isn't working
- Widevine L1 is not operational
Enjoy Android P on your OnePlus 6!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
You can preorder the Surface Duo at Best Buy right now
If you're waiting to preorder your Surface Duo from Best Buy, wait no more. The big-box retailer has preorders available for both models, with prices starting at $1,400.
An all-new Cortex-X Exynos chip will supercharge the industry
An Exynos chip with AMD graphics and custom Cortex-X cores could be just what we wanted — and what the industry needs.
The best cheap Android phones you can buy in 2020, ranked
Want to save as much money as possible when getting an Android phone? We've done the research to show you which inexpensive phone to buy.
Trying to save a few bucks on a new phone? Get one refurbished!
Flagship phones are great. Paying full price for them isn’t. Refurbished phones let you get a flagship device for a fraction of the cost, and these are a few of our favorites.