For those of you with a Motorola Droid 2 in your hands, get ready for an update that should be hitting devices soon. As posted on the Verizon site, the change log for the v4.5.621 software update has been posted and here's what you can expect:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System. + A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widgets
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
SD_Shadow from the Android Central forums has noted a few things about the update as well, such as the fact that it appears to break root and possibly even break SBF functions. If you're looking for more discussion, head on into the forums. If you've already got the update, drop a note in the comments and let us know how it's working for you.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: