The OxygenOS open beta 10 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 3T (open beta 19 for the OnePlus 3), offering a slew of new features. The OnePlus Launcher has picked up an update to version 2.1, adding support for dynamic icons for the weather and calendar apps, along with controls for home screen grid and custom customizations. The app drawer now stores a history of your five most-recently used apps, and newly installed apps will be denoted by a blue dot.
You'll be able to see the battery status of connected Bluetooth devices, and add links to email addresses in texts. Animations for incoming calls have also been redesigned. Here's a breakdown of all the changes in the new OxygenOS open beta build:
All new OnePlus Launcher v2.1:
- Supports dynamic icons for Weather and Calendar
- Added 'Home screen layout' under launcher settings for grid and icon customizations
- Grid layout will be kept irrespective of display size changes
- Added search history records in app drawer, displaying the 5 most recent apps on the first row
- Newly installed apps will now be tagged with a blue dot for easier recognition
- You can access icon pack resources on the Play store directly under launcher settings
- User interface improvements during widget selection
- Launcher version information is now visible under launcher settings
- Added an option to display battery status of connected Bluetooth devices
- Added OnePlus widget (Not usable on Shelf)
- Email address recognition within the text message contents
- Size of clock widget is now adjustable
- Updated UI style for Clock
- Smart Callback works better
- Incoming call animations redesigned
- OnePlus font optimizations for select languages
- Compatibility optimizations for various Bluetooth devices
If you flash a beta build, you'll continue to receive updates for upcoming beta releases, but not stable builds. You'll have to switch back to the stable channel to pick up stable OTA updates. Head to OnePlus' downloads page to try out the latest beta for the OnePlus 3/3T. The new features should make their way to the stable channel shortly.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
WeChat ban has been blocked by U.S. District Court
The Trump administration's ban on WeChat was set to go into effect today, but a U.S. district court judge just blocked it.
These are the best games for your Android phone
We're rounding up the best games, free and premium, you should be playing today.
Digital Wellbeing has been forgotten, but we need it now more than ever
Two years ago, the digital hygiene movement was in full swing. Now, during the pandemic, the idea of using our phones less has been abandoned, but should we bring it back?
People into rooting and modding should check out these Android phones
If you're looking ahead and know you'll want to change something on your next phone that requires custom software or root access, these phones are the best options.