Wyse has reached the 250,000-user milestone across Android and iOS devices. To celebrate this milestone, Wyse simultaneously launched PocketCloud 1.1, which is already available in the Android Market. Boasting industry-leading security, improved performance, and tablet optimization, Wyse is positioning PocketCloud 1.1 to be your one and only remote desktop app for your Android tablet or wireless handset.
Available in the Android market as a free or paid ($14.99) app, PocketCloud offers something for everybody. Enterprise users will appreciate its NLA (Network Level Authentication) security, while the casual remote desktoper (that's a term now) will probably be suited perfectly with the free version.
If you're looking for a more robust remote desktop experience from your Android device, join me after the break as I lay out some key features and bullet points for you.
Complete PocketCloud for Android Highlights:
- Auto discovery: Hassle-free access to your environment with minimal setup, no technical know-how needed with supported devices
- Custom keyboard with function and shortcut keys
- International keyboard support: support for accented characters
- Multitasking support
- Mouse touch pointer
- Remote app scrolling (e.g. scroll within Microsoft Word or PowerPoint)
- VNC Support: Connect to Macs, and home editions of Windows
- Secure tunneling for VNC (PocketCloud Pro)
- Advanced multi-touch gestures with pinch to zoom support (PocketCloud Pro)
Wyse Exclusive RDP 7 Engine
- Performance optimized for handheld devices
- Enterprise grade security: 128-bit encryption and FIPS support
- NLA (Network Level Authentication) Security (PocketCloud Pro)
- Microsoft Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Services support
- Switches to turn on/off wallpapers, themes, window dragging
3G and Wi-Fi Optimized
- Works smoothly with 3G connections and Wi-Fi
- Works with Android-powered handheld devices such as the Motorola DROID, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Droid Incredible, T-Mobile G1, Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S Phones and Galaxy Tab, and Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 -- to name a few.
- Sound support with 2 bandwidth modes: 3G & Wi-Fi (PocketCloud Pro)
VMware View Support (PocketCloud Pro):
- Direct connections and advanced tunneling
- SSL encryption
- Experimental support for RSA Two-Factor Authentication
- Filed under: