We've received numerous reports that T-Mobile is rolling out an update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. The U.S. carrier is believed to be pushing the smartphone up to PC8, introducing some minor improvements and applying bug fixes.
According to the software update notification, this most recent update includes the following:
- The stability of recording video has been improved.
- Overall device performance has been improved.
- Battery life has been optimized.
- The security of your device has been improved.
The April security patch from Google is also on-board, which is a welcomed sight. Don't worry if you haven't yet received the update notification. You can check manually by heading to Settings > About device and then hit check for the updates.
Have you received the PC8 update on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge? Let us know in the comments.
Big thanks to everyone who tipped us!
- Galaxy S7 review
- Galaxy S7 edge review
- U.S. unlocked Galaxy S7
- Should you upgrade to the Galaxy S7?
- Best SD cards for Galaxy S7
- Join our Galaxy S7 forums