Design-wise, the One ME shares a lot of similarities with the One M9+, including a fingerprint sensor at the front that and BoomSound stereo speakers. At the back, however, the device has a single 20MP camera sensor, much like the One E9+. The phone features a polycarbonate body with a metal frame running around the sides.
As for the specs, the One ME is positioned at the high-end segment, and is the first smartphone to run MediaTek's octa-core Helio X10 SoC. The full list of specs for the handset include:
- 5.2-inch Quad HD display (2560 x 1440)
- 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 SoC with eight Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2GHz
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, microSD card slot
- 20MP rear camera with 4K video recording, dual LED flash
- 4MP UltraPixel front camera
- LTE Category 4 connectivity, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1, dual-SIM functionality
- 2,840mAh battery
- Android 5.0 with HTC Sense 7
- Rose Gold, Gold Sepia, and Meteor Gray color versions
Much like the One M9+ and One E9+, it looks like the One ME will be available in select regions, with no information as yet to suggest that it will be sold outside of Asian markets.