US Cellular's Moto X has that big update everyone wants ready, and Motorola has posted the full change log and installation instructions. It's the same update we've already seen for T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T, and while the camera improvements take center stage there's a little more at play here that's just as important. Click through for the full list.
Thanks for the tip, Beth!
- Camera – Improved Photo Quality: Improved capture of natural light (auto-white balance) and color accuracy for more precise exposure in outdoor and backlit scenes
- Camera – Improved Focus: Faster touch to focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light conditions and scenes with continuous motion
- Camera – Faster Switching: Shortened the time it takes to switch between rear and front-facing cameras, as well as transition between the viewfinder and the Gallery app
- Enhanced Touchless Control: Increased accuracy and responsiveness when using Touchless Control, and added easier training of the “OK Google Now” trigger
- Improved Motorola Migrate Experience: Improved transfer of content from an old Android phone to a new Motorola phone
- Google Drive – 50GB Promotion: Added a promotion expiration date - customers have 30 days from phone activation or installation of this update to redeem the 50GB offer
- Calling – Improved Voice Quality: Fixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X
- Moto Care – Lost Device Finder: Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent a lost phone from reporting its location to the Moto Care Lost Device Finder service
- Motorola Assist – Driving Detection: Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the phone to read out text messages and announce calls when not in Drive mode
Folks with the US Cellular version should start checking the About phone > System updates portion of the settings if they're in a rush to get this one, otherwise it will check automatically and notify you when it's ready in turn.
There's no word on when we should expect this for the Verizon version, or how any of it affects the three new Droid models released on Big Red. And of course, the biggest issue remains untouched — availability outside the US.
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
Snag a case and make sure your Nokia 3.2 avoids any scratches
There are a lot of cases for just about every smartphone that is released on the market, and there are new ones cropping up every day. This is a familiar sentiment for the Nokia 3.2 which launched in 2019, but is still seeing new case options made available regularly. We've sifted through the pile and found the best Nokia 3.2 cases today!