The Galaxy Note 7 features a lightning-quick fingerprint scanner which lets you unlock your device with just a touch of the Home key. If you decided not to add your fingerprints during the initial setup, you'll be happy to know it's easy to add a fingerprint — or two, or three.
How to add a fingerprint on your Galaxy Note 7
- Tap to open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Lock screen and security.
- Unlock your phone with your unlock pattern or whatever method you've set up. This is a security check to make sure no one else is able to add their own fingerprint your phone.
- Next, you'll be prompted to place your finger on the home key, then lift it off.
Keep placing your finger on the home key in different orientations until the meter reaches 100%. The more different parts of your fingerprint that your phone can scan, the quicker it will be to unlock your phone.
- Tap Enable to allow your fingerprint to unlock your phone.
- Touch the Home key to confirm, or tap Close.
Tap Add fingerprint if you want to enable another fingerprint to unlock your phone.
Adding additional fingerprints will let you unlock your phone regardless of which hand you're holding it in, or make it easier to unlock your phone if it's laying on a table.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra review: Too much of a good thing
The Galaxy S20 Ultra is supposed to be the phone for the enthusiasts, the fans, the nerds who all want the biggest and best Samsung can offer, no matter the cost. Let's break down how well Samsung executes on the promise of an ultra flagship phone.
Do you buy insurance for your smartphone?
Protecting your smartphone is essential, especially when prices are crossing the $1000 threshold. Do you go as far as to buy insurance for your handset?
Kazuhisa Hashimoto, creator of the well-known Konami Code, has passed away
Kazuhisa Hashimoto, the creator of the Konami Code, has died. Konami confirmed the news on Twitter. Kazuhisa Hashimoto was 61 years old when he passed on.
Keep your Galaxy S20+ protected with these heavy duty cases
The Galaxy S20+ is a beautiful phone that deserves to be protected. These heavy duty cases will defend your new phone against anything life throws your way.