Most of the time, our smart devices just work as intended, which is kind of miraculous if you think about it. However, there are occasionally times when your trusty gadget, be that a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or smartwatch, just won't cooperate. It's particularly frustrating when it happens to your fitness tracker or smartwatch, as that means that you'll not only miss out on notifications, but your crucial step counts and health metrics won't be tracked. When this happens with your Fitbit, you can simply reboot it. Sound complicated? It's not really. We'll show you how to factory reset your Fitbit tracker or smartwatch.
How to factory reset your Fitbit tracker
- Tap on your Fitbit tracker screen, or squeeze the side or capacitive button to wake it.
- Swipe through the onscreen menu options/apps until you get to the Settings app.
- Tap on Settings.
- Swipe through the options and tap on Reboot device.
- On the Inspire, press and hold on the screen for three seconds.
- On the Charge, tap the checkmark after you've tapped on Reboot Device.
This process will be similar on all newer Fitbit trackers, such as the Inspire 2 and Charge 4 devices. Rebooting your tracker will generally relieve any hiccups or hangups you had been having, but it's important to note that you may lose some of that day's data if it hadn't previously been synced to your Fitbit app.
How to factory reset your Fitbit smartwatch
- Tap on your Fitbit smartwatch screen, or squeeze the capacitive button to wake it.
- Swipe through the apps and tap on Settings
- Scroll through the options and tap on About device.
- Scroll through the options and tap on Factory reset.
- Tap Yes to confirm factory reset.
This process will be similar on all newer Fitbit smartwatches such as the Versa 3 and Sense. You can always remove a watch from your Fitbit app, but this will not factory reset the device. That needs to be done on the watch or tracker itself.
Our top equipment picks
A great deal
This is not only one of the best Fitbits you can buy, but it's also one of the best overall fitness trackers. It has a 10+ day battery life, advanced health tracking features, works with Tile tracking technology, and comes with a full year of Fitbit Premium.
Jeramy is proud to help *Keep Austin Weird* and loves hiking in the hill country of central Texas with a breakfast taco in each hand. When he's not writing about smart home gadgets and wearables, he's defending his relationship with his smart voice assistants to his family. You can follow him on Twitter at @jeramyutgw.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.