If you recall, we told you a few days ago about a new soak-test for the Motorola Xoom, and today new details about what is being updated have come forth. To start with, it's not Ice Cream Sandwich, and no amount of wishing will likely change that one. The Verizon LTE model is getting an update that should appear "invisible" to the end user, and it simply provides improved support for pay-as-you-go customers on Verizon. Users participating in the test have received an e-mail explaining how to go about providing feedback:
Thanks very much for signing up to give feedback about your Motorola Xoom on Verizon. You will be testing final software for your LTE Xoom. Despite the wild rumors about ICS, this is a very limited update providing improved support for pay-as-you-go customers on Verizon. It should be essentially "invisible" in terms of device operation.
Because of this, we will be looking for feedback on two primary questions:
- Did you update successfully?
- If yes, did the update alter your device in any unexpected way?
We feel this software is safe and ready, but your input will provide the data we need to make a go/no-go decision. Here are key points to know:
- I will send out another email with a survey where you can provide your answers to these two questions.
- It will come within a few hours of when the software begins to be pushed to your phones.
- That push is expected around mid-day tomorrow.
- Please do not post comments on public sites about this update; instead provide your input through the survey I will provide.
- Please do respond to the survey by Friday morning. We expect to make our decision to release this update later that day
Do not send emails to this account or PM me unless I ask you to do so. General questions sent to either place will go unanswered -- put your questions and comments in the survey please.
Thanks again for your confidentiality and participation. Your help with updates like this certainly counts in your favor when other test opportunities arise.
Motorola Owners' Forums
Motorola Feedback Network
If you're using your Xoom 4G on a month to month basis, this one's for you. For everyone else, it's important to make sure it doesn't break anything. We still expect ICS on the Xoom in short order, just not this time around.
- Related devices: