Verizon has published the support documents for an upcoming LG Spectrum update, and going on the history of such matters, we expect an over-the-air update rather soon. It's not the Ice Cream Sandwich update many users are wanting, but it does address some issues and bring newer versions of the bundled applications along for the ride. The details:
- EAS password follows security policy, requiring an 8-digit password minimum.
- Application launch will not cause force close when the device is scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Improved outline for multiple calendar view.
- Calendar reminders send notification at accurate time.
- Successfully sync Optimum Online accounts using POP3.
- Pinch zoom in Camera Preview mode to select zoom level.
- Sync and Connect email maximum count is 500 regardless of server settings.
- Browser launches immediately upon selection.
- Added ‘Select Search Engine’ option in browser settings.
- Google Search is now set as default search for a better user experience.
- Google GMS (Google Mobile Services) is upgraded to Gingerbread R9.
- Updated Google Play (v3.3.12) with enhanced user experiences.
- Updated Gmail (v220.127.116.11) with a series of security fixes.
- Talk2 (v1.3) includes updated video chat capabilities.
- Updated YouTube (v2.3.4) includes enhanced editing functionalities.
- Visual Voice Mail connection has been updated for a better user experience when syncing email.
- NFL v4.0
- VZ Navigator (v18.104.22.168)
- Amazon Kindle (v22.214.171.124)
- SmartShare (R2.0)
- Verizon Video (v6.1.34)
- My Verizon (v10.0.7)
- V CAST Apps (v3.03.41)
As you can see, it's a fairly big update. It also brings the Spectrum up to the Android version 2.3.6 code-base, which includes various security fixes and enhancements to the Android system from Google. For more details, and instructions on how to apply the update when it goes live, visit the source link.
- Related devices: