The folks over at RootzWiki got their hands on a leaked build of Ice Cream Sandwich for the AT&T Galaxy Note (I717). First reports are pretty good, with the few bugs easy to work around. RootzWiki notes the list of features as:
- Face Unlock is fully functional
- LTE connections are solid and up to speed
- Phone calls work great both ways
- Audio quality is up to par
- Stereo Bluetooth is fully functional
- MMS is fully functional
- GPS is fully functional
- Google Talk and Video Chat work
- Google Voice is fully functional
- Task Manager is smooth and transitions are quick
- Downloaded Flash video and in-browser video works flawlessly
- Chrome autosync is fully functional
- AT&T Hotspot functionality works, external devices connect fine
It's the same sort of leak we saw recently for the Skyrocket, which means it's a Windows only affair until someone get's a flashable version out of it. It also hits your flash counter, so be aware of warranty issues if you give it a try.
With the unexpected popularity of the Galaxy Note, we're pretty certain a version for folks who would rather flash things from recovery. We have no idea when the official version will be ready for release, so if you are itching for ICS this may be your only chance for a while. Grab it, and follow the directions closely, from the source link.