When we last saw Mobiata, we were getting a demonstration of the FlightBoard application for Android phones. In a nutshell, it's an app that looks like the departure and arrival screens you'll see in an airport.
And FlightBoard's now optimized for tablets. You get about 15 flight listings for a given airport when you're looking at it in landscape (horizontal mode). Tap a flight and you have options to share it over e-mail, chat, Twitter, etc., or you can open it up in the FlightTrack companion app and get even more details. And with FlightBoard, you also get:
Get real-time status for any flight in the world with automatic updates every 5 minutes.
- Access over 4000 airports and 1400 airlines worldwide.
- View FlightBoard on home screen with Live Wallpaper.
- Seamlessly switch between Departures and Arrivals view.
- Easily share flight info with friends and family via Twitter, Facebook, SMS and E-mail.
- Instantly narrow results via an exceptional search interface.
- Save flights in FlightTrack and FlightTrack Pro for real-time tracking.
FlightBoard's a tad pricey at $3.99, and you're really going to need to be a travel nerd for this, but we'd love to see it, say, sitting on an Android tablet in an airport lounge somewhere. Download links are after the break.