Motorola's David Schuster took to Google+ today to announce that the company is set to start the initial deployment for Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the Moto X Style in Brazil and India and the Moto X (2014) in Brazil, while the updated is expected to start rolling out for the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition in the "next few weeks." Alongside the announcement, Schuster also posted the changelog for the update, noting the following highlights:
- A new Memory Manager that lets you check memory usage of all your installed apps
- Volume controls have been greatly improved
- Do not disturb button has been added to the quick settings panel for easy access.
- System UI Tuner will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom once enabled. It provides a few simple UI tweaks.
- Google Now on Tap allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on your screen with a long press of the home key.
- Doze is a battery management feature that detects when your device is not in use and it will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves your battery. - App Standby reduces battery drain by putting seldom-used apps into a reduced activity state.
- Expandable Storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode. Portable storage allows your pictures, videos, audio and other media files to be stored. Internal storage allows both media storage along with apps and games but can not be used by other devices.
- RAM manager in settings which allows a consumer to view memory used by the system or an individual app over different time frames
- Automatic App backup not only backs up your apps but their associated data so when restored they will be the same as they were before
- Text selection has been improved
Again, the update isn't available to pull just yet for this year's Moto X Pure Edition, as that will begin in the next few weeks. Moto X Style owners in Brazil and India and Moto X 2014 users in Brazil, however, should start being alerted to download the update soon.
Source: David Schuster (Google+)
Cards against Humanity and Exploding Kittens on sale for Black Friday
Some of the best card games and board games are on sale today for Black Friday. If you don't have them already, you should definitely check out Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens.
Spotify is back up after morning outage
Popular music streaming service Spotify is experiencing an outage in some parts of the world.
Don't buy an Android tablet this Black Friday — get the iPad Mini instead
It's small, powerful, and more affordable than ever during Black Friday. The incredible iPad Mini is on sale right now, and even if you love Android, it's well worth your attention.
The Galaxy S20 FE is fantastic, so grab a case to keep it looking good
Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S20 FE and the device is sure to turn plenty of heads for the next few months. With stiff competition in the mid-range market, it's clear that Samsung wants to compete and the S20 FE is fantastic. If you're picking one of these awesome new devices up, make sure you pair it with a case to keep it looking awesome.