Motorola's David Schuster took to Google+ today to announce that the company is set to start the initial deployment for Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the Moto X Style in Brazil and India and the Moto X (2014) in Brazil, while the updated is expected to start rolling out for the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition in the "next few weeks." Alongside the announcement, Schuster also posted the changelog for the update, noting the following highlights:
- A new Memory Manager that lets you check memory usage of all your installed apps
- Volume controls have been greatly improved
- Do not disturb button has been added to the quick settings panel for easy access.
- System UI Tuner will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom once enabled. It provides a few simple UI tweaks.
- Google Now on Tap allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on your screen with a long press of the home key.
- Doze is a battery management feature that detects when your device is not in use and it will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves your battery. - App Standby reduces battery drain by putting seldom-used apps into a reduced activity state.
- Expandable Storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode. Portable storage allows your pictures, videos, audio and other media files to be stored. Internal storage allows both media storage along with apps and games but can not be used by other devices.
- RAM manager in settings which allows a consumer to view memory used by the system or an individual app over different time frames
- Automatic App backup not only backs up your apps but their associated data so when restored they will be the same as they were before
- Text selection has been improved
Again, the update isn't available to pull just yet for this year's Moto X Pure Edition, as that will begin in the next few weeks. Moto X Style owners in Brazil and India and Moto X 2014 users in Brazil, however, should start being alerted to download the update soon.
Source: David Schuster (Google+)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
You can now pre-order Motorola’s foldable RAZR on Verizon for $1,500
Motorola's foldable RAZR reboot is finally up for pre-order in the U.S for $1,500.
Are you going to keep your Galaxy S10 throughout 2020?
There are a lot of exciting phones set to come out in 2020, but the Galaxy S10 still has plenty of kick left in it. If you own the phone, do you plan on keeping it throughout this year?
Samsung will give away Galaxy Buds+ with S20+ and S20 Ultra pre-orders
Samsung's Galaxy S20 series will be here before you know it, and when pre-orders open up, you'll be able to get your hands on the new Galaxy Buds+ for free.
The best Honor phones available right now
Huawei's ongoing trade ban has affected its Honor sub-brand as well, with the manufacturer launching fewer devices than usual last year. That said, we got to see a few standout phones in the likes of the Honor 20