After having pushed out an update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, AT&T is back at it again only this time giving Galaxy Note II owners a taste of KitKat with an Android 4.4.2 update. The update is rolling out today, the same day as the kickoff for Google I/O, and owners of the Note II will be getting a push notification to alert them to the update.
The Samsung support page says that the update brings "KitKat 4.4.2 along with multiple improvements." Below, you'll find some of the changes that you can expect to see with Android 4.4.2.
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- Improved user experience when multiple messaging apps are installed - All SMS and MMS messages are together in the same app, alongside other conversations and video calls.
- Visual content such as photos, videos, maps, books, and games are even better with full-screen immersive mode. The UI stays hidden while interacting with the content.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- New storage access framework - Simple for users to browse and open documents, images, and other files, across most customer preferred document storage providers.
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE).
- Beats Music is Preloaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Can set sound for Samsung apps (call/message/email/calendar) Setting > my Device > Sound > Samsung applications
Are you seeing this update pop up on your Galaxy Note II yet for AT&T? How is your experience downloading and installing the update? Let us know in the comments.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Best Chromebook 2020: Top picks for Budget, Students, Kids, and Power Users
We've done the research to figure out the best Chromebooks for you, your kid, your student or for anyone who needs a solid Chrome OS laptop.
Don't buy a cheap Apple Watch or Fitbit knockoff on Amazon
We've all been tempted by a seemingly good tech deal, however, you should avoid those cheap Apple Watch and Fitbit knockoffs on Amazon. Here's why.
Samsung will soon let you unlock your Galaxy phone with just your voice
According to a new report, Samsung will introduce the ability to use Bixby Voice as a biometric option with One UI 3.1.
These are the best cases for your brand new Pixel 4a 5G!
The Pixel 4a 5G looks boring in Just Black, but we can fix that! These cases are fun, fashionable, functional, and ready to carry your Pixel 4a 5G into the future.