After first launching for iOS earlier this year, Wargaming.net has now made its World War II-themed game World of Tanks Blitz available for Android devices today via the Google Play Store, along with support for cross-platform multiplayer with its iOS counterpart.
Based on the popular PC game, the free-to-play World of Tanks Blitz offers players a chance to engage online opponents in 7v7 tank battles. Here's a list of the game's features:
- Over 100 iconic vehicles from Germany, Great Britain, the United States, and the USSR
- 4 different tank classes including light, medium, heavy, and tank destroyers
- Strategic 7v7 online multiplayer gameplay
- 10 unique battle arenas
- In-game chat functionality
- Constant graphics enhancement and updates, as well as optimization for various devices
- Real-life physics to create realistic tank movement and damage mechanics
- Detailed tutorials
- Ability to invite your friends to play online
- In-game achievements
- Free to play with equal access to in-game elements for paying and non-paying players
- Easy to learn, intuitive touch screen controls
Wargaming.net says that since its launch on iOS, World of Tanks Blitz has been downloaded over 10 million times.