This week, Verizon Wireless put out an announcement that offered up some timely app tips for the summer travel season.
- Kayak Flight and Hotel Search for Android (Market link) devices help customers find great deals on hotels, flights, rental properties and cruises
- ZAGAT TO GO '10 (Market link) gives customers access to the Web's most trusted guide to restaurant reviews and ratings from over 45 Zagat Guides covering dining, nightlife, hotels, and golf courses. It is available in Android Market for $9.99.
- Skype mobile gives customers the planet in their pockets, allowing them to make unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls to friends and family around the corner or around the world. Currently available on Verizon phones.
- FlightStats for Android (Market link) provides flight statuses, departures, arrivals, airport delays, and other flight and airport information It is available for $4.99 in Android Market.
- VZ Navigator Global provides maps and turn-by-turn directions for international destinations, ensuring that unfamiliar areas and road signs in different languages don't keep customers from arriving at their destinations (pricing and availability may vary by device).
- Urbanspoon (Market link) gives customers a localized community of restaurant reviews and ratings (available for FREE in Android Market). Note: Urbanspoon works on Droid and Nexus One phones. If you have another Android phone, you can always find Urban spoon on the web at urbanspoon.com/m
- Geodelic (Market link) allows customers to effortlessly browse their locations to find java joints, banks, restaurants and other area businesses (available for FREE in Android Market).
- WeatherBug (Market link) helps keep you up to date on weather conditions wherever you travel and alerts them to severe weather warnings based on their locations (available for FREE in Android Market).
It's nice to see that Verizon is being proactive about promoting apps.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: