It looks like T-Mobile just can't stop the good Android news from flowing. Word on the street is there's a new Samsung phone in the pipeline for T-Mobile, codenamed "Hercules," which might be the Infuse 4G's stronger, faster cousin.
Details aren't scant even though this one won't be released for a while (we're talking mid-August), but this is what's currently listed:
- 4.5-inch Super AMOLED plus display at 480x800
- Android 2.3
- T-Mobile's new 42Mbps HSPA + data speed
- TMo's 1700MHz band for 3G, plus AT&T's 850MHz and 1900MHz bands, in case the merger goes through
- A 1.2GHz Qualcomm APQ8060 processor -- fast, fast, fast
- 8MP rear camera
- MHL adapter for HDMI out. Booo.
So it's a souped up Infuse 4G? And judging by our recent review of the Infuse, that's certainly saying something. What's everyone think? Is this T-Mobile's next superphone? At any rate, if it's packing hardware like that, it's bound to be a strong contender.
Source: This Is My Next
- Filed under: