Sony announced today that they're offering the Sony Xperia U in Canada on Fido for $30 on a two-year contract, or free on a three-year contract. As you might expect, this little guy is fairly entry level, but that doesn't mean he's lacking in style. Besides, it's hard finding a decent phone at an affordable price without signing on for a three-year agreement in Canada; good on Fido providing a solid two-year option. Here's a quick run-down of the specs.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance.
- 5MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
- Front-facing VGA camera.
- 3.5” 854 x 480 Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine (measured diagonally).
- Crisp and loud listening with xLOUD and 3D surround sound audio technology.
- Available in black with a pink exchangeable cap for the base of the smartphone in the box.
- Launches on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread).
Yeah, it's sad to see it waiting on ICS, but then again, isn't everybody? I'd be interested in seeing if the Xperia U finds its way to other Canadian carrier -, at the very least Rogers, considering Fido's a subsidiary. You can pick up the Xperia U at Fido over here, but be sure to check out our review before taking the leap.