Sony and Verizon are pushing out an update for the Xperia PLAY, bringing it to version 4.0.2.E.0.57. Relax, 4.0.2 is the version number from Sony and not Android 4.0.2 -- but don't feel bad, I thought the same thing.
While the update may not be the one everyone is waiting for, it does bring a couple nice things to the table -- new versions of Verizon Navigator and Verizon Video on Demand! I'll stop. There is something cool in this update though -- use the right trigger button to take a picture while running the camera app. The rest you ask? Certainly.
- Verizon Wireless Video on Demand now comes preloaded.
- Improved user experience and new delivery method of preloaded games.
- When connected via Bluetooth®, the Music Player now supports Fast Forward and Rewind.
- VZ Navigator® has been updated with the latest 3D map improvements.
- Upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4 operating system.
- A long-press of the power button will successfully capture a screen shot.
- Charging issues forcing device to remain in landscape mode have been resolved.
- Recommended contacts now populate correctly when using the dialpad.
- Right trigger successfully captures a picture.
- Record video in 720p with continuous auto-focus.
- Device is now enabled with the Wireless Emergency Alerting System.
- Mobile Hotspot ID broadcast can be turned off to increase security.
Start mashing on the system update button, and holler out in the forums when you see it!
Source: Verizon. Thanks everyone who sent this in!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: