Microsoft is rolling out an update for its Groove Music app for Android. It's the first such update for the streaming music app since September 2015.
Microsoft outlined what will be included in the update, which will also be available for the iPhone and iPad version:
- Significant improvements to product and playback reliability.
- An Explore view to learn about the most popular songs and new releases from top artists.
- Faster download of albums and songs so you can play them offline. The app still needs to be in the foreground to download music, background download coming in a future update.
- Screen resolution improvements to support today's larger screen mobile phones.
- New sorting options when viewing your collection of music.
- Much faster sign-in to the app using your Microsoft account.
You can download the new Microsoft Groove Music app update right now from the Google Play Store. Microsoft says it plans to update the app more frequently in the future.