There was a lot to take in. So let's take a minute and round things up here, roundup style.
Here's the gist on the LG G5. It's a 5.3-inch, quad-HD smartphone running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It's got two cameras on the back — one a normal 16-megapixel shooter, and the other a 135-degree wide-angle lens at 8MP. It comes with 32GB of on-board storage, and can take an SD card for more.
The bottom of the phone comes off so you can swap out the battery, and the G5 sports an always-on display for easy notifications.
- Complete LG G5 specs
- Our comprehensive LG G5 hands-on
- In pictures: The LG G5
- U.S. carriers have announced plans for the LG G5
- These are the LG G5 colors
- Quick comparison: LG G5 vs. G4
Features and friends
So we've got the LG G5 itself — it's a perfectly capable smartphone. But then there are the optional modules. And then there are the G5's new "Friends" — a series of accessories that LG is tailoring to work specially with the G5. So far they include a virtual reality visor that connects to the G5 itself, a 360-degree VR camera, and we got a sneak peek at a Parrot Drone controller that uses the G5 to let you see what's going on.
Oh, and there's the LG Roller Bot, made to serve and protect your home and your pets.
And by the way, with the bottom of the phone coming off you also can add in either a camera grip module (which adds about 43 percent more battery capacity in addition to the physical buttons that make it easier to take pictures), or a high-definition audio module for some sweet, sweet 32-bit sounds, brought to you by Bang & Olufsen.
- LG and Parrot tease the G5 as a drone controller
- First look at the LG 360 CAM and 360 VR
- This is the LG Rolling Bot
- Quick look at the Bang & Olufsen DAC module
- Take better pics with the G5 CAM Plus module
Those are just the basics — we've got more coming throughout Mobile World Congress. Stay tuned!
- LG G5 review
- LG 360 CAM review
- LG G5 complete specs
- LG's G5 Friends modules are a neat idea, but they won't matter
- LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus w/ B&O
- Join the LG G5 discussion