The LG G3 Vigor is coming to Canada through Rogers, and will be one of the first devices on the carrier with support for Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
The LG G3 Vigor will be available from Rogers for no money down on certain two-year Share Everything contracts.Without a contract the device will cost $299.99.
The G3 Vigor is really the little brother to the LG G3. It's more of a mid-range device, with a Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of internal storage. It features a 5-inch 720p IPS display and an 8MP rear camera. The device is powered by Android 5.0 Lollipop.
For more on the LG G3 Vigor, be sure to check out the Android Central review.
LG Expands G-Series Line Up With Canada's First VoLTE-Enabled Smartphone
TORONTO, March 31, 2015
LG G3 VIGOR NOW AVAILABLE AT ROGERS
TORONTO, March 31, 2015 /CNW/ - LG Electronics (LG) today announced the LG G3 Vigor, Canada's first VoLTE-enabled smartphone, is now available at Rogers for $0 on select 2-year Share EverythingTM plans. The LG G3 Vigor fits LG's trademark ergonomic rear key design, stunning display and unique security features into a sportier, more compact smartphone.
"As the first company to bring a Quad HD smartphone to Canadians with the LG G3, LG is thrilled to partner with Rogers on another first with the launch of the LG G3 Vigor, Canada's first VoLTE enabled device," said Ross Snow, Vice-President LG Mobile Communications. "Mirroring the power and style of LG's G-Series line up, the LG G3 Vigor offers an exciting option for those looking for a smaller smartphone without sacrificing power or performance."
LG G3 Vigor packs leading technology into a 5-inch IPS display
- New VoLTE technology: Rogers customers will be the first in Canada to experience wireless voice and video calling technology with VoLTE that gives clear and more natural sounding voice and video calls
- 8 MP Rear Camera with Laser Auto Focus and Tap to Shoot: In camera mode, simply tap once anywhere on the large, unobstructed viewfinder to focus the camera and take the picture
- Better Selfies with Gesture Shutter: Taking great selfies and group photos with the 1.3 MP front-facing camera is now easier than ever. Simply raise your hand and make a fist, which initiates a three-second timer
- Knock Code: Secure your smartphone with a code created by using a customized sequence of knocks on the display to wake and unlock the device
- Smart Cleaning: Remove temporary files and infrequently used apps to free up space and keep your phone running fast (some pre-installed apps may not be removable)
- Versatility and Productivity: Write, draw and schedule memos to appear based on calendar or location inputs with QuickMemo+™; overlay and adjust up to two windows on the primary screen for advanced multitasking with QSlide Function
Key Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.0-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS Display
- Battery Capacity: 2,540 mAh
- Platform: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Technology: GSM, LTE, HD Voice
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Network: 2G/3G/LTE or GSM/UMTS/LTE
- Frequencies: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; UMTS 850/1900/2100; LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/17; VoLTE (for Rogers only)
- Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE, and VoLTE (For Rogers only)
- Dimensions: 137.75 mm (H) x 69.6 mm (W) x 9.99mm (D)
- Weight: 133.5 g
- Talk Time: up to 17.5 hours1
- Standby Time: up to 26 days and 11 hours1
- Internal Memory: 8 GB (up to 3.70 GB usable memory); supports microSD™ card up to 32 GB2
To learn more about the LG G3 Vigor and LG's expansive G-Series line, visit LG.com.