The notification shade is for useful information, not your crappy ads.
It's already confusing enough that Samsung offers its own Galaxy Apps store in addition to the default Google Play Store, and it just makes things worse when Galaxy Apps starts dropping useless notifications on you. If you've had a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge for a little while, you'll notice Galaxy Apps dropping ad-like notifications on you pointing you toward featured apps in the store ... not exactly what you want to see, especially turned on by default.
Thankfully, with a few taps in the Galaxy Apps store you can turn off these annoying notifications, while keeping on the useful notifications when you actually have apps to update. The steps are quite easy:
- Find Galaxy Apps in your app drawer
- Tap More and then Settings in the top-right corner
- Tap the toggle next to Push notifications
- While here, you can also turn off notifications for app updates if you wish
Now you won't be bothered by Samsung trying to push its latest app partnership on you, and you'll still receive notifications from Galaxy Apps that are actually useful.
- Galaxy S7 review
- Galaxy S7 edge review
- U.S. unlocked Galaxy S7
- Should you upgrade to the Galaxy S7?
- Best SD cards for Galaxy S7
- Join our Galaxy S7 forums