A new stable version of Google's Chrome OS has been released for select Chromebook models that brings with it a number of bug fixes and security fixes and also enables multi-sign in support. There are also some smaller changes as well, and the Chrome update is being rolled out now for all Chrome OS devices except the "Acer C7 Chromebook, Samsung Chromebook Series 5 and HP Pavilion Chromebook."
The multiple login feature referenced is for simultaneous login of multiple accounts you own with no switching of users. This way, you can log in simultaneously with a work and personal Google accounts.
In a blog post detailing the changes, Google says that these features are new:
- Multi Sign in support - Easily use multiple accounts with your Chrome Device
- New "App info" view in the Chrome launcher
- Settings appear in a window, not tab
- Save to Google Drive in Incognito mode
- Client Certificate Management for organizations using the chrome.enterprise.platformKeys API
- Managed Bookmarks - Push and manage bookmarks for your organization
Have you noticed the update on your Chromebook? What do you think of it?