Samsung is holding its second Developer Conference in November, and has announced the list of keynote speakers. At the conference, which is scheduled to run from November 11 - 13 in San Francisco, Samsung will be focusing on new areas of growth, which include smart health, smart home, wearables and virtual reality.
Here's what you can look forward to this year:
- Won-Pyo Hong, President and Head of Samsung Media Solutions Center, together with strategic partners- Mayo Clinic and Kaiser -Permanente, will share his vision of the "Connected Lifestyle" and the opportunity for developers.
- Young Sohn, President and Chief Strategy Officer, Samsung Electronics, will address the current landscape for digital health technologies, overcoming roadblocks to implementation and opportunities for developers
- Eric Anderson, Vice President, Content and Product Solutions/GM Smart Home, Samsung Electronics America, will talk about smart home trends and how smart homes will look in the near future for consumers.
- Nicholas DiCarlo, Vice President, Immersive Products & Virtual Reality, Samsung Telecommunications America, will share Samsung's vision for delivering a compelling, and mainstream Virtual Reality experience powered by the Smartphone
- Pranav Mistry, Vice President, Head of Think Tank Team, Samsung Research America, will update developers on new tools to build compelling applications.
- Alex Hawkinson, Founder & CEO, SmartThings, Inc., which was recently acquired by Samsung, will discuss SmartThings' continued vision for openness and opportunities for innovation in the smart home and consumer Internet of Things.
Android Central is the official media partner for the conference, and we'll be on the ground bringing you updates as well as interviews from the event. Interested in reliving all the memories from last year? Head on over to our SDC page for all the coverage from 2013.