*UPDATE* The contest is closed, and we're sorting through the approximately 200 entries now. We'll have a blog post up in the next couple of days with the announcement of who won!
Lloyd likes to travel, and with summer upon us he is itching to break out and see the world. Last year he jumped in your suitcases and pockets and traveled to all sorts of fun places, our favorite being the Googleplex in California, his birthplace if you will. So we think it's time to help curb Lloyd's craving for adventure in far off places, and at the same time give you guys a chance to win the brand spanking new Samsung Galaxy S III. But wait… we're not giving away just one of these, we're giving away FOUR of them! That's right, four Samsung Galaxy S IIIs are on the line one for each of the major carriers releasing the phone in the coming weeks. (That'd be Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile).
So how do you enter? It's easy. Maybe too easy.
- Download Lloyd from this link, then print him out and put him on a stick or something. Do not just Photoshop him into a picture.
- Take a picture with yourself and Lloyd. No, not just Lloyd. We want to see you, too. If you're not in the picture, you're not in the running.
- If you submit a picture of yourself in a Lloyd T-shirt, we'll accept that, too. Buying a shirt's not a requirement for this contest, though.
- E-mail your shots in. Use the subject line "SGS3 Contest".
- You may email us more than one picture, but this is a contest, so make sure you send in the best of the best.
- We'll accept entries through June 27. That gives you a little over two weeks to get your shots in.
- We'll pick our favorites, or we'll put it up to the group for a vote if we get a lot of great entries, which I'm betting we will.
- Remember, we're giving you a phone -- you're on your own for service.
- The winners will get to choose which SGSIII they want and we'll ship it out after the contest ends. The contest is open internationally, however please note the carrier choices. It's on you to pick which model will work in your country and take care of any unlocking that may be required. We are also not responsible for any customs duties/fees that may arise.
So that's it. Grab Lloyd and head out into the wild. Show him a good time. Then win a Samsung Galaxy S III. Epic.
Fit and feeling good: How I'm using Google Fit to stave off 2020's chaos
A summer spent indoors and the frantic pace of the fall launch season have left me being significantly less active this year, but with Google Fit and the TicWatch Pro 3, I'm trying to claw my way back.
Snapdragon chips are going to make Chromebooks even better
Snapdragon Chromebooks mean better battery life and connectivity. Both are things that most every Chromebook user wants more of!
I turned off my phone for a day and it was the best decision I made in 2020
The internet is great and useful for so many things. But a day without it was like a reboot inside me. You should try it.
Expand your Galaxy S10 storage with these microSD cards
Instead of spending more on your Galaxy S10 for more internal storage, take advantage of that microSD slot and save with external storage.