Motorola this morning announced the UK as the Motorola Fire, a 2.8-inch Android 2.3 touchscreen device with a physical QWERTY keyboard on the bottom. The device will launch with a 1420mAh battery which is said to deliver best-in-class battery life, allowing users to easily make it through an entire day. The device will be available in the standard black that we have seen before, as well as a white version. It'll be available in September. Full details after the break.
Motorola Mobility Brings Colour, Fun and Functionality into the UK Smartphone Market with Motorola FIRE™
With a QWERTY keyboard and a 2.8-inch touchscreen, Motorola’s budget-friendly smartphone offers the fun of social media in a personalised package
BASINGSTOKE, UK – Aug. 24, 2011 ─ Never compromise individuality with the new, budget-friendly Android™-powered smartphone from Motorola Mobility. The fashionable Motorola FIRE™ smartphone offers a full QWERTY keyboard with touchscreen display and ultimate personalisation options users expect from the fun and versatile Android platform. The Motorola FIRE is expected to be available in the UK towards the end of September.
Motorola FIRE has a sleek, modern design and a sophisticated finish. Its full QWERTY keyboard and 2.8-inch touchscreen display provide the perfect combination of tools for emailing, texting and browsing the Web. Users can stay in constant contact with friends and family through the world’s leading social media applications.
Motorola FIRE also comes with best-in-class battery life, allowing users to talk, browse the Web, text, play games and videos all day long1. Motorola FIRE also has the Moto Switch user interface, which allows users to switch to a friends-centric mode when they finish work and head home for the day.
“We are excited about extending our growing smartphone range in UK, and Motorola FIRE opens up new possibilities in the smartphone market. The device’s stylish design and its exciting and versatile social media applications will wow younger, tech-loving users in particular,” said Victoria McManus, UK marketing director, Motorola Mobility EMEA.
Key features and specifications:
- Motorola FIRE runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Access to thousands of apps in Android Market™
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 2.8” QVGA touchscreen display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- 3MP camera
- Moto Switch user interface allows users to shift easily into different modes
- MicroSD card slot up to 32GB2
- Access to Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Talk™ and Web browsing
- FM radio with radio data system (RDS) support
- Wi-Fi conforming with 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n standards
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- Assisted global positioning system (aGPS)
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1420mAh battery; eight hours of talk time or 30 days of standby in 3G mode1