LG showed off the Optimus G to America earlier today after an initial unveiling in Korea. Canadians will also be able to get their mitts on LG's new flagship device by way of Rogers, Bell, and TELUS. The official announcement from LG Canada doesn't mention much about pricing, but did say we could expect the new phone in November. The Optimus G is due in the U.S. in Q4, so it's entirely possible that they'll be launching around the same window. Here's a quick run-down of the specs.
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Krait CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- Quad-Core and LTE
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPLUS (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32 GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC
You can get a closer look at the LG Optimus G in one of our two hands-on videos. Prices weren't mentioned, though retailers like Best Buy, Future Shop, The Source, Wireless Wave, and Tbooth Wireless all got shout-outs.
Canadians, anybody ready to jump on the Optimus G? Anyone else a little disappointed that we won't see it on WIND or Mobilicity?
- Related devices:
- Filed under: