Hot on the heels of this morning's Sprint HTC EVO 3D Ice Cream Sandwich update, it looks like the Android 4.0 update is also rolling out for the EVO Design 4G. Promised around the same time by the carrier a couple of weeks back, the EVO Design update consists of the same cocktail of Android 4.0.3 and HTC Sense 3.6, and the OTA package weighs in at just over 256MB. The update's arrival follows the launch of ICS for the international EVO 3D and HTC Raider, earlier this month.
So you've got a slightly polished up version of HTC's custom UI, in addition to standard Ice Cream Sandwich features we've become familiar with over the past eight months --
- A refined, evolved user interface that is simple, beautiful and useful
- Face Unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app which introduces Scenes like Panorama, and Effects such as Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Web browser now lets you sync Google Chrome™ bookmarks, request full desktop versions of sites, see your open tabs in a new layout
- People: browse friends, family and coworkers, see their photos in high-resolution and check their latest status updates from Google+
- Improved keyboard with incredibly accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy and paste support
- Redesigned Gmail™ app that now lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly and search for emails even without a data connection
- Google+ integration that lets you hangout and video chat with up to 10 friends using your front-facing camera
Sprint EVO Design 4G owners will want to head to Settings > About phone > Software updates and hit the button to check whether their update to ICS is ready. If you're rocking an EVO Design, hit the comments and let us know how you're getting on with ICS.