AT&T announced a new mid-range handset from LG today called the Escape. The LG Escape made its first unofficial appearance a few days ago, and though it might not be the highest-specced phone out there, it's hard to complain for $49.99 on a two-year contract. Here are the main features.
- An advanced 5 MP camera with time catch shot, “cheese shutter,” and different shot modes including Normal, HDR, Continuous and Panorama
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- AT&T’s 4G LTE Network
- The innovative and convenient QuickMemo to create and share personalized memos by writing messages or drawings on screen captures
- A 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- True-to-Life 1080p HD recording
- Long-lasting 2,150mAh battery
- Bluetooth® Version 4.0
- A crisp 4.3” qHD true-color IPS Touch Screen with Gorilla® Glass durability
- Google™ Integration with Google Play, Google Maps Navigation and other preloaded Google apps
- Add music and themes to videos and photos with Video Wiz
- Data sharing with Android Beam and NFC Technology
The LG Escape goes on sale next week, starting September 16. Any back-to-schoolers looking for something affordable but decent? Or maybe the LG Escape looks a little too run-of-the-mill for you? There are a handful of neat software features included, which you can see in the video below.
- Related devices: