Google is showing off the next version of Android right now - Android 2.2, aka Froyo. We're liveblogging it right now, but you can watch this post to get the key bullet points of the new version as we hear about them
- App data backup
- Improved Enterprise / Exchange Support
- Push services - "Android Intent"
- Tethering / Mobile Hotspot
- Much faster browsing experience - V8 in browser
- New functionality in browser- Camera, orientation, geolocation
- Support for Adobe Flash and Adobe Air
- Search the Android Marketplace directly from Quick Search
- The ability to install applications on the SD card automatically
- One-button update or automatic update for apps
- The ability to purchase music from Android Marketplace
- The ability to stream your own music from your desktop
Those are the big points, folks, and note one significant point that's not here: a release date or list of devices it will land on. Luckily, we have word from HTC on a few of their phones.
Stay tuned for much more from us at Google IO!
Update: video showing off the new features after the break!