Google is showing off the next version of Android right now - Android 2.2, aka Froyo. We're liveblogging it right now, but you can watch this post to get the key bullet points of the new version as we hear about them
- App data backup
- Improved Enterprise / Exchange Support
- Push services - "Android Intent"
- Tethering / Mobile Hotspot
- Much faster browsing experience - V8 in browser
- New functionality in browser- Camera, orientation, geolocation
- Support for Adobe Flash and Adobe Air
- Search the Android Marketplace directly from Quick Search
- The ability to install applications on the SD card automatically
- One-button update or automatic update for apps
- The ability to purchase music from Android Marketplace
- The ability to stream your own music from your desktop
Those are the big points, folks, and note one significant point that's not here: a release date or list of devices it will land on. Luckily, we have word from HTC on a few of their phones.
Stay tuned for much more from us at Google IO!
Update: video showing off the new features after the break!
These are the best apps for your Android device — period
It can be difficult to find the "right" app when surfing the Play Store simply due to the sheer number of options available. Regardless of what type of app you're looking for, there's an app that can help make your life easier.
You can now pre-order Motorola’s foldable RAZR on Verizon for $1,500
Motorola's foldable RAZR reboot is finally up for pre-order in the U.S for $1,500.
Are you going to keep your Galaxy S10 throughout 2020?
There are a lot of exciting phones set to come out in 2020, but the Galaxy S10 still has plenty of kick left in it. If you own the phone, do you plan on keeping it throughout this year?
Build you own phone cleaning kit without breaking the bank
We use our phones everywhere and expose them to all kinds of nastiness. Purify your phone with these affordable cleaning supplies.