Amazon Prime Day has come and gone. (Though some deals definitely are lingering.) Did you buy anything? Did you stick your head in the sand and pretend that uncontrolled amounts of consumerism aren't actually a thing?
Doesn't matter, really — because billions and billions of people (OK, probably more like millions) did take advantage of Prime day.
And it should be no surprise that the Amazon Fire TV Stick led the way, followed by Fire TV 4K pendant. Personally I'd stay away from the underpowered sticks, but it's hard to argue with a $39 streaming device.
The 50-inch Toshiba Fire TV Edition came in fifth — again, not a huge surprise given the price.
No Fire TV Cube in the Top 10? That's not overly surprising, either, given how new it is. (And that it's the most expensive, even on Prime Day.) If you're still deciding whether to pick one up, check out our video review:
So, yeah. Maybe Prime Day was a little ridiculous. (Or ridiculously awesome!) But there's no doubt about it — streaming led the way.
Here's what else you missed this week at CordCutters.com:
- A reader asked for a chart showing which streaming services are available on which devices — so we delivered!
- We're still kind of wrapping our collective head around these new wireless speakers that only work with Roku boxes.
- Android TV's "Live TV" app is a great thing you're probably not even using.
- The Sinclair/Tribune deal might not go through? We're hopeful, but not holding our breath.
- We put Roku Ultra up against Apple TV 4K. It ended about how you'd expect.
- Netflix's TV interface is getting a pretty big overhaul. And it's very cool.
- Speaking of Netflix — it's bringing The Boss in December! (Which will be here before you know it.)
- The new season of Doctor Who is breaking all the rules — and it's going to be awesome.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
It's time to stop using SMS for two-factor authentication
Not all 2FA is equal. Using SMS to get a code might not be "better than nothing" after all.
Fresh Surface Duo renders are here, reportedly coming to AT&T
Microsoft hasn't exactly been camera shy with the Surface Duo, but a new set of renders have leaked that offer an even closer look at the device. Alongside the leaked images, the leaker says Duo will be headed to AT&T in the U.S.
24 hours with the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra: Big, beautiful, and backwards
It's still too early to give any conclusive thoughts on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, but Samsung's latest flagship is already proving to be a tremendous phone in more ways than one.
The best Bluetooth speakers to pair with your Amazon Echo Input
The Amazon Echo Input can do some great things for Alexa users — but in order to make it really shine, you'll need some great Bluetooth speakers to go with it. We've compiled some of the best Bluetooth speakers that you might want to pair with your Echo Input.