Amazon Prime Day has come and gone. (Though some deals definitely are lingering.) Did you buy anything? Did you stick your head in the sand and pretend that uncontrolled amounts of consumerism aren't actually a thing?
Doesn't matter, really — because billions and billions of people (OK, probably more like millions) did take advantage of Prime day.
And it should be no surprise that the Amazon Fire TV Stick led the way, followed by Fire TV 4K pendant. Personally I'd stay away from the underpowered sticks, but it's hard to argue with a $39 streaming device.
The 50-inch Toshiba Fire TV Edition came in fifth — again, not a huge surprise given the price.
No Fire TV Cube in the Top 10? That's not overly surprising, either, given how new it is. (And that it's the most expensive, even on Prime Day.) If you're still deciding whether to pick one up, check out our video review:
So, yeah. Maybe Prime Day was a little ridiculous. (Or ridiculously awesome!) But there's no doubt about it — streaming led the way.
Here's what else you missed this week at CordCutters.com:
- A reader asked for a chart showing which streaming services are available on which devices — so we delivered!
- We're still kind of wrapping our collective head around these new wireless speakers that only work with Roku boxes.
- Android TV's "Live TV" app is a great thing you're probably not even using.
- The Sinclair/Tribune deal might not go through? We're hopeful, but not holding our breath.
- We put Roku Ultra up against Apple TV 4K. It ended about how you'd expect.
- Netflix's TV interface is getting a pretty big overhaul. And it's very cool.
- Speaking of Netflix — it's bringing The Boss in December! (Which will be here before you know it.)
- The new season of Doctor Who is breaking all the rules — and it's going to be awesome.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Samsung will give away Galaxy Buds+ with S20+ and S20 Ultra pre-orders
Samsung's Galaxy S20 series will be here before you know it, and when pre-orders open up, you'll be able to get your hands on the new Galaxy Buds+ for free.
How Microsoft is making sure dual-screen apps are done right
Microsoft is treating dual-screen devices the way they need to be treated — as a new platform.
Android AirDrop competitor Nearby Sharing gets shown off in hands-on video
Thanks to the guys over at XDA-Developers, we are getting a first look at Android's upcoming AirDrop competitor Nearby Sharing, formerly Fast Share.
These are the best drives for expanding the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro's storage
It's cheap and easy to expand the internal storage of the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019). We've rounded up the best options for adding additional gigabytes to your favorite set top box.