Samsung is aiming to offer even better customer support by adding a number of big new features to its Samsung+ app. With these new features, you'll have access to live support, tips and tricks, on-demand answers and more. For new device owners that have questions about their new phones, or existing owners who are confused by a feature, their questions can now be answered with a few taps on their screen.
Beyond adding new support options, Samsung has also added access to exclusive content and rewards. The app will now deliver personalized offers, discounts on various Samsung products and even ticket giveaways for big events. You can grab the latest version of the Samsung+ app, version 3.0, from Google Play.
Samsung Ups the Ante on Customer Support with New Version of Samsung+ App
Update Brings New Features including Remote Customer Support Via "Samsung Assist"
NEW YORK CITY, March 31, 2016 – Today, Samsung will release a new and improved version of the Samsung+ app (version 3.0), a one-stop destination for empowering people to get the most from their Samsung products, with additional features to further Samsung's customer support offerings and deliver a more supported ownership experience.
Key features of Samsung+ 3.0 app include:
- Live Support: With a variety of support options to meet customers' needs, the Samsung+ app provides live support via video chat with the option to text, or phone support with a Samsung representative 7 days a week.
- Samsung Assist Feature: Brand new for Samsung+ 3.0, "Samsung Assist" feature brings users hands-on support, direct to their screens wherever they are. Samsung owners can access "Samsung Assist" feature to allow a support representative to remotely operate and troubleshoot their device. "Samsung Assist" feature can be activated once a consumer grants permission, during a video chat or phone call with a support representative. This feature is currently available on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Other Galaxy devices and tablets will receive the "Samsung Assist" feature through carrier updates over the coming weeks.
- On Demand Answers: Understanding that some customers prefer self-guided support, Samsung+ app offers On Demand Answers, which include FAQs troubleshooting tips for users to solve issues on their own.
- Device Diagnostics: The app's Diagnostics feature keeps tabs on your device's battery health as well as data and security. Simple tools pair with diagnostics to quickly optimize battery life and streamline storage.
- Tips & Tricks: Samsung+ app provides a library of tips and tricks and personalized support to help you do more and get more from your device. The release of Samsung+ 3.0 makes tips and tricks available for Samsung home appliances and consumer electronics, in addition to mobile devices.
- Community: With version 3.0, Samsung adds community across Samsung+ and online at samsung.com. Content will continue to be added on a rolling basis and we are excited to see this evolve as a valuable future resource for customers.
Exclusive Access to Content and Rewards
- Galaxy Life: Samsung+ app treats owners like true VIPs, providing insider access to the latest Samsung innovations, plus personalized offers, discounts on the latest Samsung products, and even ticket giveaways for big events, which most recently occurred at SXSW.
The 3.0 version of Samsung+ app will be available starting today on Google Play.
Here are the best alternatives to Dark Sky for Android
One of the more popular weather apps is leaving Android, so it's time to find yourself something new. Here are some weather apps I actually like more that you can turn to and fill the Dark Sky hole in your heart.
Google's AirDrop rival 'Nearby Share' finally starts rolling out
Google's Nearby Share platform, which lets users easily and anonymously share files with each other, has finally started rolling out. Initially, however, Nearby Share will only be available on select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 appears in a new video leak ahead of launch
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 has shown up in leaked AT&T instructional videos, just a day before its official unveiling.
These cases provide all the protection your Galaxy A11 will need
If you want to go with Samsung but don't want to get a flagship like the S20, why not go with a more budget-friendly option like the Galaxy A11? This phone gives you the look of a flagship smartphone at just a portion of the cost. But even though you're saving some dough, you'll want to make sure that your investment is protected, so why not get a new case?