Samsung on Feb. 23, 2014, ahead of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Spain, announced not one but two new smartwatches — the Gear 2, and the Gear 2 Neo. And there are some fairly big shifts here.
Most obvious is in design. The camera on the Gear 2 Neo is gone. There's also been the addition of an Infrared port to control living-room appliances.
Less obvious is that the Gear 2 Neo no longer runs Android. Samsung has switched to Tizen — its own open-source operating system. That in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing — there are plenty of popular smartwatches that don't run full builds of Android.
Samsung is positioning the Gear 2 Neo as a lifestyle companion device. It'll be available worldwide in April.
Top Samsung Gear 2 Neo Stories
Recent Samsung Gear 2 Neo Forum Threads
- Gear Neo internal storage
- Starbucks trick! kind of...
- Sync S Health and Fitness With Gear?
- "Gallery" on Gear 2 Neo: How to add photos?
- Where is sleep app, multiple notifications, minimal notification text, notifications come all at onc
- No notifications
- MMS shows pics
- IR Blaster built in
- Vibration Too Soft
- Notifications Always Force Closes
- See All Threads